endeavors

Monday, June 11, 2007

There are several things I learned today. Here are two of them:

1. If you have not worked out in several months, don't jump back in thinking you can pick up where you left off.

2. Bring an extra set of dry clothes to change into after said workout.

I finished processing early enough today (because I didn't take a four hour lunch and watch a movie) to go to the gym. I haven't had a training session in a millionbillion years, and they're building up. So I'm all set up with sessions tomorrow at 11 and Wednesday @ 11:30. Now, this is dumb on several levels. First, see Item #1 above. Secondly, I am going to another state on Thursday. I do not want to be so sore I can't move for the entire weekend. Because that would be no fun. For the both of us.

Anyway, today I decided to take a cardio kickboxing class. Michelle and I used to go together, and it worked our asses. And sweat glands. I figured I would never find another EvilWhoreNaziBeast, and this class would be safe. I was correct. The guy, Mike, a tall, wirey, black man was good. He wasn't totally insane. I didn't feel the need to do speed to keep up. However, it's been a good 6 months since I've been to the gym. I should have started out, perhaps, on an elliptical machine. But I decided to take the class. Crimeny, is this girl out of shape! I was in the back trying not to puke up my guts.

There is a long road ahead, and getting there means continuing to get my ass kicked in classes. Because I work harder in those situations. But I've decided no spinning for a while. Because that, I'm pretty sure, would kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home