endeavors

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hung out all day yesterday with z, Sandow, and Jaybenton. That is, *after* I put away the kitchen. All the boxes are broken down; everything has a home. It looks so good in there! I called Faith, who is in AZ for the weekend, to tell her. You still can't go barefoot in the kitchen. We need to buy a mop. Faith broke something the first day out, and I managed to trash a brand new bottle of bbq sauce. It made a very satisfying sound when it dropped, but the place still smells faintly of the sauce, and occasionally I will step on a tiny shard with my flip-flops and hear the scratching on the floor. So, yeah, we need a mop (since my $200 good one has disappeared into the ether).

The boys and I went to Santa Barbara for the day. I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't bring a dang thing with me. Not a swimsuit, not a beach towel, not the throw thing my mom gave me to put beach towels on. The waves were small, and we watched some amateur surfers try to stand up. I can't wait for that to be me!

Came home, watched Open Season*, went to bed. It was a fantastic day!!!




*I'm spoiled by Pixar movies. The plots, though predictable, are at least entertaining for adults. Open Season is not a Pixar film. There was 1 time when I laughed out loud. The rest of the time was spend predicting: "Oh, this is where he turns his back on his friend. Oh this is where someone is in danger so he goes back. Oh this is where he chooses to stay out in the wild." I'm not even going to apologize for that last sentence if you haven't seen Open Season. It's not a spoiler. You know that 2 minutes into the movie. Anyway, I was pretty disappointed. From here on out, my loyalties lie with Pixar, and Pixar alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home