Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What a fun weekend! I was promptly greeted by the Austin mosquitoes. It wasn't nearly as bad as OoB last year when I had legs and feet covered in welts. But my bites are in odd places: my left pointer finger knuckle, the top of my right foot, and the tip of my left 3rd toe, almost under the nail.

I got to play Saturday night in Stool Pigeon. I've never been/done an Armando before, so I was super nervous. Other reasons I was nervous: I haven't improvised in a while, so I feel very rusty. I was in front of people I think are wickedly talented and have tons of respect for. But it was fine. There were some scenes towards the end I thought I should have edited, but I didn't know how long they were going to play/when they would call lights. Plus, I didn't want to be a stage hog. Lesson learned: edit the scenes anyway. But I felt good about my stories. They weren't too long (as I tend to ramble).

Sunday morning I helped out with 3,2,1 Kill! rehearsal. I really like the format and am incredibly sad I left the day before the show. I would have loved to see how it turned out. Also, the Alamo Drafthouse is officially the best place on the planet to watch a movie. I had falafel with hummus and an oreo shake while watching "Knocked Up" (which turned out to be better than I thought it was going to be).

A lot of Alias watching happened. I really don't think I can express how incredibly happy I am that Justin is hooked on that show. We are total nerds about it, too. For instance, a while ago he was at a party and we were text messaging mission orders. I bought the 5 season boxed set with a false bottom containing a whole disc of extras that you can't get purchasing the seasons separately.

The trip back home was a nightmare. Both planes were late, the luggage got messed up (nothing horrible, just several flights together jammed the thing and it took forever to fix), and my phone died. Not my battery. My phone. I figured I was going to spend $500 on a cab ride back to my apartment, but it eventually worked out. Slept in late today, got caught up on old emails, and started working around noon. Tomorrow I have to work really early b/c I'm training in the late morning. Plus, I have to hit my minimum in 3 days this week. It's going to be tight, but I think I'll be okay. We'll see.

So that's that.


Post a Comment

<< Home