endeavors

Saturday, July 21, 2007

I don't go on a lot of actual vacations. I do a lot of traveling, but I don't know that I would consider it a vacation. The last time we went on a family vacation was the cruise in 2001. The time before that was a trip to Chicago when I was in the 8th grade. I've only been on a vacation with another family once in my life.

Kristen Keebaugh. Spring break, 1992. We drove with her parents, sister Ashley, and Ashley's friend Michelle, to Florida for the week. It was an awesome time! I'm conveniently forgetting the sun burn so bad I blistered. But that only lasted for a day. I still have a picture of a sandman (think: snowman made of sand) that Ashley and Michelle made. I still have a photo of Kristen's dad on the beach. I still have the pic of me in my rainbow-colored zebra print swimsuit standing next to Kristen in her green (her favorite color) two piece. On the way home in the middle of the night (or maybe really early in the morning), I remember Kristen saying, "Hey, where's mom?" To which her dad replied, "Asleep in the way back." Then came Ashley's voice from the way back: "Uh, no she's not." We'd left her at a truck stop when she took the dog out. So, we turned around and headed back. That was a really fun time.

Well, I don't know what this week is going to bring. 8 adults and 5 kids under one roof. And I only know 36% of the people involved, counting myself. But I'm hoping that there will be plenty of relaxing time on the beach. I'm also looking forward to playing with kids again. The other day I was missing the kids I used to watch in the nursery. I don't know how old his nieces and nephews are, but I think they're pretty young. Hooray for that! I also have four books to read. Anyway, I've been working so much lately* that I'm really looking forward to this break. Yea for Florida!




*To be fair, I've been working so much because I've been traveling so much. I'm trying to squish work days in between the different states.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home