endeavors

Tuesday, May 07, 2002

What a most fabulous day! First of all, the women I'm in training with are the best ego boosters in the world. Two of them spent lunch today telling me how beautiful my eyes were and other incredibly nice things like that (which I won't get into 'cause it will sound incredibly egocentric, but you always feel good when someone compliments you). Then they were trying to think of any boys they knew who were young and available. One woman's son is a biochemist. Which is perfect, because I'm a trilingual doctor*! Then I'm on my drive home and a great song comes on the radio. As soon as it's done, I'm about to change stations when my very favorite song--1000 miles by Vanessa Carlton--comes on. So it's a good radio day. I take a nap before my date with Tosh, and in the middle of my nap, my trainer calls and says that I don't need to be in until 1 tomorrow afternoon. Sure, I can do that. Then I check my messages (p.s. this part is not part of my most fabulous day. It's a little detour). So, there's this guy I met at Mem's wedding who is very nice, but I would never date him. And we had a phone conversation a few weeks ago, and I was pretty sure that I made it clear that I wasn't interested. So he called me today. I hate to be a bitch and all, but I'm not going to call you back. Much busy-ness in my life and I don't have time to try to be charming on the phone with someone I have very little in common with. My next day off is two weeks from now--working every day. 14 hrs on Saturday. So it's not like I'm blowing you off. But I guess I kind of am. These are things I sort of wish I could say to him, but not really. I mean, how do you tell a perfectly nice guy "no"? By never returning his calls. So, back to my day. Tosh and I see Crossroads. Which is cheesy at points, but--mind you--only a buck fifty. So we laughed and talked the whole way through it. Only two other people were in the theatre, so it didn't really matter. And they only paid three bucks. Come on. And could there be any more gratuitous belly shots? (Said like Chandler Bing) I think a 15-yr-old hormonal male shot this movie. But, what the hell. If I had her body, I'd probably go grocery shopping in a bikini. So we had much fun at the movies, then got into the car and more good songs were on. This is the best radio day I've ever had. Not kidding. So we then head to Jim's Donuts. The best donuts in the world. And we make lots of noise but have a ball. And she took pictures. hehe. So not only was today faboo, but I get to sleep in tomorrow, which always rocks.

Oh, as for the kegger this weekend. As I thought, it sucked for me, so I left early. And Tosh, being the fabulous girlfriend that she is, decided to walk me to my car. This whole time, she's trying to get a hold of her little brother. I think he's like 20 or something. But he's not at the complex yet, and blahblahblah. So as we're walking up to the street, every 19 yr old we see is hitting on us. So we cross and there's a group of four boys on the other side. "Hey, ladies, you're goin' the wrong way." Tosha squints. "Clinton?!?" (pronounced, "Cli-in" with a glottal stop) Silence. Then, "Fuck. You guys, that's my sister!" So they cross the street and walk with us the rest of the way while we make fun of them. That was the best part. It almost made me want to go back to the party and hang out with them. Almost. Instead I went to another friend's who I haven't seen in a while, and we chatted for a few hours. And the next day, Tosh tells me Cli-in said, "Even though she's old, she's hot." Which also made my day. I don't mind being old to a college freshman if the hotness follows. So things are fun, even though I'm busy.

*We were singing loudly along with Ricky Martin in the car when I decided I could speak Spanish. And I said I was bilingual (plus I think I'm a doctor seeing as though I watch 11 hrs of ER a week). But Tosh pointed out that I know some ASL, which actually makes me TRI-lingual. I was much delighted by that discovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home