endeavors

Wednesday, February 27, 2002

I love my dad.

He doesn't smoke. He doesn't drink. He walks a little over a mile every morning. He eats well. He's not on any medication. He just switched jobs. Which is a big deal because he's been at the bank my whole life. Last night he and my mom went to see some Buddy Holly thing at the Victoria Theatre and they called me on their way home telling me how great it was and that I would like it and that it's a shame I won't be able to see it. My dad loves oldies. And he loves Buddy Holly. He used to DJ weddings and parties and things with his best friend Bill. They had over three thousand records. My dad is so laid back and very cool. What can I say? He's the best.

This morning at 8:25 my mom called me from Kettering Hospital. My dad woke up with chest pain and pain in his arm. He's having tests done right now. His blood pressure was up more than 50 points. He's okay, they're just doing tests. If it was a heart attack, it was minor. Hopefully very little damage was done. Hopefully.

I love my dad.

And I'm really scared right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home