endeavors

Tuesday, February 12, 2002


GUY UPSTARS UPDATE

I woke up from one of my many naps yesterday (I called off half of my shift and went in at 5) to what I thought was screaming. And this woman went on forever. I thought she was going to hurt herself. I mean, I couldn't even tell if she was taking a breath or not. So I go to the bathroom to hear better (actually, I just had to pee. The only thing I've in-taken the past two and a half days is about three gallons of water and some toast. So I have to pee all the time), and it turns out he's just watching a Praise Jesus channel turned up incredibly loud. I go back to my hermit hole and bury my head under the pillows. And her sermon, or Guiness Book of World Records for talking the longest without inhaling, or whatever it was lasted over a half an hour. If I'd had any strength in me, I'd have yelled for him to turn it down. Or have gone upstairs. "Excuse me, Mr. Person I've Neer Met Before, I live below you. And I'm dying of something that the five-year-old doctor at the clinic decided was the flu (even though I watch ER and am sure it's pneumonia). I understand you love Jesus. And I'm sure Jesus knows that. You don't have to have your tv on loud enough for him to actually hear it. So if it wouldn't be any inconvenience to you, I would love it if you could possibly turn it down a notch or two. Thank you and good night."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home