endeavors

Monday, January 28, 2002

As I have mentioned before, I hate winter. But this has been the best January weather I can imagine. Today I went to work without a coat. It was in the upper 60s. When I left work in the dark at 5 after 9, it was 57 degrees F. This is the absolute best!!! So everyone, I encourage you to stand outside with your aerosol cans and DESTROY THAT OZONE!!! It feels like April outside. How many more times can I express my love for this warmth? And I just got home from a good, yet short, conversation with my friend. I wish we could have stayed up all night talking, but I am tired and have a full day ahead of me. I start my water aerobics class at the Vandalia Rec Center, which I am highly excited about. But my mind is spinning from our conversation. He has changed the way I think about certain things. It's all about necessity. If we all cut out things in our lives that were not absolutely necessary for our survival or evolution, I think we'd all be a lot happier. He developed this program that I really can't go into for various reasons, but it spawned an incredibly interesting dialogue. About artificial life. About capitalism and evolution. About people and why we choose to interact with them. And I am so thankful that I have this person in my life who I can talk with about these major philosophical mechanisms. And yet I feel like he's ruined me for all other guys. But that's okay. Maybe I just need to go to my Mensa meetings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home