endeavors

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nip it in the bud


I am horrible at dating. As a girlfriend, I will rock your world. I'm kind and thoughtful and loyal as all get out, and blah blah blah. But I can't date to save my life.

Remember Character Workshop Crush? Well, the other day was Carla's going away party and I was looking super cute. I didn't know if they were even friends, but I was secretly hoping he would show up so I could show off my hotness and drool over his. And show up he did. But what's even awesomer was the fact that we ended up hanging out a lot of the night. This did not help my crush go away. Besides being funny and talented, which was the crush beginner in class, he's also very smart and incredibly interesting. See, this doesn't happen in my world. Normally I have a crush from afar, we either never speak or I put us in Pal Zone b/c it's easier, and my crush goes away. But this time around we spent some QT together, exchanged numbers, and tentatively made plans to go see a movie tonight. Then I realized I had rehearsal and class, so plans were cancelled.

And I'm not going to pursue it. This will make Faith very sad, as she was thrilled I actually liked someone. She's determined to get me out there whether or not I want to be. But things get complicated and I'm a realist. If Crush and I continued to hang out, and even casually date, there are physical restrictions I'd put on our relationship. Half the fun of dating someone is doin' it, so why bother crossing the friendship line if you know that's not going to be the end result. I was talking with José about it the other day, and he agreed. Not in a bad way, just in a realistic way. So, awesome, I have another friend.

The thing that cracks me up the most about the whole situation is the difference between men and women. A million bucks says he didn't think twice about any of this. I'm just a cute girl he hung out with and we will maybe or maybe not hang out again. Whereas I have already over-analyzed and taken the relationship (which doesn't even exist) from beginning to end. Man, that really is hysterical to me.

It's amazing men and women ever get together at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home