endeavors

Monday, April 23, 2007

I wanted to hit 25 claims today. I'm at 28, and I have 45 minutes left, so I figured I'd post. I was a very good, focused girl today. Marlynn talked w/ Tom. He is going to have an answer for me by next week. OK, I'm done thinking about it. Besides, I have a follow up dr. appt Wednesday to see if the precancerous cells are back. So visions of cryosurgery will dance in my head.

A Public Service Announcement


Swimsuit season is fast approaching. Since I plan to surf on a weekly basis, I figured I should start getting into shape for it. So I'm going to swim laps every day after work. As a female, you need to groom your bikini area. There are several different methods to use. The razor, depilatories, and waxing. Now, in my younger years, I tried waxing. That was a horrible, horrible disaster that I've tried oh-so-hard to erase from my memory. Also, I did it myself. Not recommended. Normally I use a razor. The aloe has worked very well for razor burn (thank you, Renée, for that suggestion last summer). However, yesterday I decided to try a depilatory.

The instructions say to test it after 5 minutes; remove after 10; keep on no longer than 15. I kept it on for 10 and tried the suggested washcloth removal. Nothing came off. Well, I thought to myself, I'm sure I can just shave it off, using the depilatory as a sort of shaving cream. I DO NOT recommend this method. I also do not recommend being an idiot, which I clearly am. After the first swipe with the razor blade, it hurt instantly. A normal person would stop. Not I. I figured if I could just stand the pain long enough, everything would be nice and smooth. Nope. Pain is there for a reason. If you put your hand on a hot stove, the nerve endings send pain signals to your brain so you remove your hand from the heat. Do not ignore pain signals. Now, not only do I have razor burn, but I have a nice chemical burn to go on top of that.

Needless to say, I will not be swimming today. The chlorine would not get along with my freshly destroyed skin.

So, please, use EITHER a depilatory OR a razor. NOT both.

*The more you know* **rainbow**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home