endeavors

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I am not cut out for management. This takeover is stressing me out. I have eight hundred piles of crap on my desk that I have to figure out. Plus I need to make sure people have enough work to handle while I'm gone. Each time I start on something, another, more important something comes up and I can't finish what I'm in the middle of. I am very anal, and it has been hard for me to switch to this new way of thinking. I need to have things checked off my list. Instead, my list keeps growing. I feel like I'm not going to get everything done by tomorrow. It's hard to keep my head above water. Plus, when I get back, I have to go to rehearsals for this play I'm stage managing--which I can't really get out of at this point. On top of working 15 hours of overtime weekly through November.

I feel like I'm losing touch with people; like I'm not being a good friend. I'm not at my desk for most of the day, so I'm not having the usual email chats I'm used to. I know this is only for a few more weeks, so everyone I'm not talking to: know that I miss you and I'm sorry.

I was hoping to leave for LA by 2ish tomorrow. Most likely I'll get stuck here til 3:30, which means hitting PHX rush hour. Ugh, I am SO looking forward to recharging this weekend. Tonight I bake a banana nut bread and have one last training session before I leave. Yesterday Eric and I discussed calling women "baby". I will miss his insights for a while. Next week, between overtime and rehearsals, I will only be able to meet with him once. On the up side, my body is getting used to this new exercise regimen and I'm no longer hobbling around like and old lady.

Hey, Denver people: Have fun and good luck with shows!! Tell Nanna I said hi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home