endeavors

Saturday, July 05, 2003

Strange morning. Woke up to the phone ringing at 10:25. It was the AD from You Can't Take It With You asking if I knew rehearsal started at 9. I said I didn't know I had been cast. He put me on with the director. She said she left a message last week on an answering machine we don't have which I did not receive. So some random person thinks she's cast as Rheba. Yes, Rheba the black maid. Obviously they are going to change all references to ethnicity, seeing as I am not black. And all the "yassuh"s are "yes sir"s. So I made it to the last hour. Missed all the introductions, don't know anybody's name (including the director), so hopefully I'll get a cast list and contact sheet soon. Then Paul and I were going over to my aunt and uncle's while they're away to mow the lawn, but it was too hot by the time I got back. As long as we can get there around 11, it'll be fine. But it's almost three, and 112 outside, so we're going to wait until tomorrow. My audition to call back ratio is 100%, and so is my call back to cast. I'm really thankful I didn't move to LA. I think the situation would be a lot different. It sucks to be depressed about not having a job and not getting cast. So I'm just depressed about the job thing. And being cast sort of makes it difficult to waitress. Restaurants tend to only hire people who have no scheduling conflicts. I'm still going to apply, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Please, temp agency, come through.