endeavors

Monday, June 23, 2003

Interesting evening. Watched Donnie Darko, which was messed up in it's own way, but it sparked an interesting conversation. If you could travel into the future to see yourself for 10 minutes, would you do it? I would not. Too confusing. For example, let us say that I am a bum on the street. And I come back to the present time. So I decide to take a job as a loan processor and give up the movie role (which I have only been called back for--have not been cast. Remember, this is all hypothetical) because it's non-paying. But then a few months down the line it turns out that the people in the loan office are doing all sorts of illegal things, and because I process their stuff, I'm involved, too. Which turns into some jail time, and lots of fines. Meanwhile, the movie was picked up by Paramount, the role I would have played ends up getting tons of royalties, and that actress has a solid career. And I'm now a bum on the street. So, you see, you can't change the future. The choice that seemed the best at the time, ended up being the downfall. Lots of other stuff was discussed, but that was the main topic. Your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home