endeavors

Monday, June 30, 2003

What a waste of two hours. I drove to the middle of nowhere for an audition tonight, allowing extra time so I could focus. Well, I needed that to find the place. I was on AZ-87 in complete darkness for 12 miles. I could see city lights behind me, but only the dark shadows of the mountains against the night sky in front. Please let there be a city. Please let there be a city. Then there were lights. So I drove in more darkness, but at least I was almost there. Or so I thought. I drove by the theatre twice before I saw it. It was sort of set off the road and not lit very well. I arrived 2 minutes after my scheduled audition time. Not a good impression. I had to rush to fill out forms, then go in for my monologues. I did my first one then started my second, but they clapped. So I stopped. And let out a nervous laugh. "Should I stop?" "No, no. Keep going." "Oh. I'm not used to the clapping. I'm from Ohio." Could I be any more lame. When I get nervous, I become an ass. So my next monologue was a little fast, and not so great. Then I was overly polite as I left. But the guy in the lobby who had greeted me and given me the forms chatted with me a bit after my audition. Buh. An actor knows when she blows it. You just get a feeling. I drove the 40 minutes home pretty disappointed with myself. I still haven't heard from the show I was called back for last week. Nor have I heard from my head shots lady, who was suoposed to call me last week. And the temp places don't have any work for me. So I'm just going to focus on the film call-backs. I already have a good thing going with the director/writer and producer. And Tosha needs to hurry her ass up and finish Harry Potter so we can talk about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home