endeavors

Saturday, July 05, 2003

There's this website I've been reading for a few years now. bluishorange. It's under "alison" over there on the right. Anyway, she's one of the most amazing writers I've read. So, everybody go read it--it's really good. I do have a point here, hang on. So she reads all these books by important people. Books that would make Oprah proud. I don't get to read that much, but now that we're DAY 35: NO JOB, I've been reading a bit. Mainly plays and the screenplay I'm called back for, but also Harry Potter. And it was really good. Not just because I'm a teensy weensy bit obsessive (see below), but because J.K. Rowling is a damn good writer. I wanted to share that with Alison, because she appreciates a good read. However, I felt my book a little childish. Then I checked her site (as I do at least three times a day now that we have high speed internet and I have nothing to do) and a picture of The Order of the Phoenix was on her list. It made me instantly happy. P.S. Tosha, how far are you? We need to discuss. Anyway, Tosh and I talk about who should be in the film versions. I was on imdb for a while tonight, and found out some great and not-so-great things. The great stuff is as follows: Gary Oldman will be playing Serius Black!! How perfect. I don't think Tosh and I were able to cast him, but it's fabulous. (Also excellent choices were Kenneth Branagh as Lockhart and Alan Rickman as Snape) Other good stuff is Michael Gambon as Dumbledore. You may remember him in Gosford Park, but he will also be in Timeline (look two posts down--it's getting late and I don't feel like linking anymore). The bad stuff is the fact that they've already announced Prisoner of Azkaban. That's book 4! Tonks is only one book away. They are not making my efforts to be cast easy. So, that's my Harry Potter update.

In other news, it was the 4th of July eleven minutes ago. Paul and I had no desire to fight the 1.2 million people of this hot city to see fireworks. So we went to the Chandler Mall, which has been compared to The Mall of America. (It's not as big, but I think it's the biggest mall west of the MoA) Then we went to Target, because everyone should go there at least twice a week. We came home, played scrabble with our new dictionary puchased at the big T (looked up every other word, just because we could), and watched a movie. About halfway through the movie, we heard explosions outside. We went to our balcony to try to see the fireworks. It was a perfect view. We watched for about 15 minutes, got too hot, came back in, and finished the movie. We didn't have to fight traffic or crazy people. We were very close to the ac (it was 111 today), and we got to go back inside to continue our evening festivities. I love where we live. I hope everyone's 4th was a safe one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home