endeavors

Tuesday, March 05, 2002

I'm walking from my car to my apartment. In my arms are my huge hot pink purse, a purhcase from Victoria's Secret, my 64 oz water bottle, my book (Return of the King, JRR Tolkein), and my keys. There are two steps up to my building. I miss the first one and fall, dropping everything. My right knee and top of my left hand are bleeding a little. And then this flashes into my mind: I've just won an Oscar and I'm walking up to the podium to give my acceptance speech when I step on the hem of my dress and go down. Now this is very possible. Maybe not the winning of the Oscar part, but the falling in front of millions of people on national tv. So, please, if you see me, don't laugh. Or at least don't bring it up when we meet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home