endeavors

Sunday, January 06, 2002

Just got back from seeing Lord of the Rings for the second time. Still good. I love fantasy films. I grew up on them. Labyrinth, Legend, Dark Crystal, and of course, The Neverending Story. To name a few. And I would love to do one. I have a few ideas for stories from reoccurring dreams. But if I could pick my perfect future, a fantasy film would be the first role I had in Hollywood. And I wouldn't be some prissy princess. I would be the leader of an army. A fighter. Hey, I'm certified in rapier and rapier-and-daggar combat. I have to use it somewhere. And Legolas (who has become my favorite character) is an archer. Wow. There this one scene where he fires three arrows right in a row. And I thought of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. The way he handled the bow and arrow...like they were an extension of himself...made me think of that movie. Especially the fight between the two women and the weapons. That is not choreography you learn in a few months. That's a lifetime of training. I have so much respect for stuff like that. So much. Anywho, I recommend LOTR if you have an extra three hours laying around and you don't know what to do with them. And I will be borrowing the books from the library within the week. Hey, any movie that gets kids to read makes me happy. I remember reading The Hobbit in middle school. So I was familiar with the background history and some of the characters. But when I saw the movie, I realized how much I liked the book, and how much of it I had forgotten. So I'm going back to re-read it, and read the trilogy for the first time. Good film, good effects, good fighting. Great ending. That's the way trilogies should end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home