endeavors

Tuesday, January 01, 2002

I remember sitting at the table. I remember the vast space between the lace and the cloth. I remember thinking the picture will be fun. I remember the Christmas tree. I remember the stairs and the air conditioner. I remember tucking my head. I remember the surprisingly blue bathroom. I remember Ernie and Karen. I remember washing my face. I remember fairy pools of bubbles. I remember laughing so hard. I remember the fox boy. I remember "I'll be right with you!!" I remember you, the interpreter. I remember your 40 foot long arms. I remember pink tile. I remember glaciers. I remember, "You look sad." I remember my oak tree crying. I remember touching your foot. I remember holding you. I remember the smell of your tears. I remember going downstairs. I remember the order of things to do. I remember "Secret Garden". No, silly, not the musical. I remember Legolas and elves that live forever. I remember monkey smells. I remember va-va-vanilla. I remember chess boards. I remember the gift of water, and the drinking. I remember the kitties. I remember you touching my foot. And I understood. I remember yawning. I remember the tea. I remember writing. I remember the flowered bathroom with the mirror. I remember watching the ball drop. I remember giving you my favorite hair tie. I remember your sister's room. I remember finally finding Ruby. I remember the fortress and the chocolate. I remember being so happy and so sad at the same time. For the first time in five years I was getting to know you, and you have to leave.

Ahh, my friend, I remember everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home