endeavors

Thursday, January 10, 2002

It's two in the morning and I have to be at work at 10, which means I have to leave by 9:30, which means I have to be up no later than 9:15 (I'm very low maintenance). So why am I still up? Well, I made the New Years Resolution to work out and get in better shape. Which I am not going to break until at least February. I came home from work and thought, I'll just watch my taped Thursday night shows during commercial breaks of ER. That worked out well. But I still needed to Tae Bo. But late night tv--which I never watch--was interesting, so I didn't get going until an hour ago. So now all of my tv is watched and I'm brand clean. It always sucks to work out after you've been a sloth for a few months. Last summer I was really into it for a while, and could go much farther on the tape than I can now. Plus I'm still sick, so in the middle of each punch, I cough. It made for an interesting work out. Now, I must say, Thursday night tv was exceptionally good tonight. Friends was FINALLY not a re-run. And it was damn funny. I laughed out loud a few times. Joey and Rachel had a great date. Will and Grace had this one line so good I wrote it down. Hey people, don't judge. So their friend comes over to borrow this coffee urn for a big party he's throwing. As he's leaving, Will says, "Happy Moulin Rouge coming out on DVD." Why is this funny? Because I had a freakin' count down to the day that DVD came out. ER was fabulous as always. So much good acting. And great writing.

I also can't stop thinking about that book. I keep wanting to start conversations with people about this great new movie I saw, but I then remember it was a book. MC wrote it with time restrictions. I mean, talk about a page turner. They had 37 hours until a battery or something of their time machine ran out. So instead of chapter titles, it's just different times during the count down. There were two chapters that were only a page long, so the times were printed at the top, but the pages were facing. I had to put my hand over the right side of the book so I wouldn't skip ahead. And there were many times when I actually squealed, it was so intense. I'm not proud of that last one. Damn, what a good book.

So the entertainment gods have been good to me. Great books, great tv, I live in the LOTR fantasy world. Life is pleasant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home