endeavors

Friday, April 16, 2010

Today is officially Thwart Ashley day. I didn't get home last night til late, but then I couldn't fall asleep because I was too tired. That's dumb. Wanted to cancel session with Jenny, but didn't. Had a good workout, surprisingly. Came home to shower--not enough time for a nap. Headed to airport. Back again, need to work. Instead, tried to nap. Puppy was wandering around and wouldn't sit still. Turns out he needed to pee. Nevermind we'd just been out 4 hours before. So, instead of working or sleeping, I steam cleaned my bedroom and washed the towels I'd used to mop up. Silver lining: my room is extremely clean. I figured I should take him out for a walk, or at least to pee some more. But no, it's raining.

This weekend I literally have 4 hours to myself, and I need to work in that time. That was part of the reason I couldn't fall asleep last night. I was thinking about my two shows and a trivia game (which should be fun) and two rehearsals and my high school kids' show and hitting the gym and seeing Nando, who's in town.

Eric has a website. I've been listening to his music for the past half hour. It's making me miss LA. We were in Latchkey Kids and iO classes together. He was my Baby Bird. Such a cool guy. I have some of his songs on my ipod, but the quality isn't that great. I'm looking forward to his EP coming out. It's nice to hear his voice again. That kid can write a love song.

I remember the first time I met him. It was at PIF, which is happening right now, actually. Convergence of connections! He and his friend were driving across the country for a Chevy promotion, doing improv along the way. They were in Austin the week before, and Justin gave me the heads up. My first impression was not great. I mean, it wasn't bad. But he's the first dude I met who wore guyliner. So, I guess I was a little judgey. But he mentioned he was moving to LA and I was doing the same in a couple of months, so I gave him my number. He never called. I had completely forgotten about him until Level 2 with Mike Bertrando. Eric looked so familiar, but I couldn't place how I knew him. I think it was the 3rd class that I started questioning him about where all he's lived and where he's been and what he's done. I was determined to figure out why he was so familiar. Finally Phoenix came up. I remember thinking, huh, I now adore the guy I originally thought was kinda douchey. I now no longer judge guys who wear makeup. One of my favorite memories: sitting on his floor listening to him play some of his new music. Each song was about a different girl, and I got to hear the back story. The last song was a love song to his guitar. I told him he should release an album where all the songs were titled after the girls for which they were written. And the last track on the album should be the one to his guitar. I still hope that happens.

This makes me melancholy. I miss my friend.

"Holding your eyes
As we said our goodbyes.
And I thought about the feel of your body on mine.
And it's good that I'm nervous
Cuz it means that I want this
And I'm not gonna stray from this course.
And it's clear I've got feelings
For this flattery I'm dealing.
So just learn to like the nice guy and I'm yours.
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home