endeavors

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I was on the phone with my new neighbors, walking to my car, when I saw people standing around outside.

"Someone's hurt in our complex."

I couldn't see what happened, but a boy, maybe late teens, was sitting with three people around him. I didn't see a skateboard or bike, so I had no idea what could be wrong. I was heading to the grocery store and saw the ambulance. Unfortunately, it was stuck at the train tracks behind a very long train.

It made me think of when I was a flower delivery volunteer at the hospital in my teens. I used to pretend that each flower I delivered would heal the recipient when he inhaled the fragrance. When I drove by this kid on my way out of the complex, I pictured a flower blooming for him.

I hope he's okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home