endeavors

Monday, February 08, 2010

A while ago Matt said he was going to post some old journal entries from college. There are some intimate details about us in there and he wanted to make sure it was okay. I said yes. And then wondered if his mom read that site. But didn't really care because the girl in those entries is another person in another lifetime.

Reading them has made me nostalgic for simpler times. We were 19 and buttcrazy in love with each other. We talked about our futures--both together and separately. Our hopes. Our dreams. We were in college and didn't have to worry about jobs or any real responsibilities. We lived in a dorm and our food was made for us.

I miss the innocence that comes with that time. And it's interesting to see how our friendship has changed over the past 14 years. How *we* have changed. After we broke up there were several months where we couldn't see each other. Then our hearts healed and we continued the next phase of our relationship. He is, to this day, my very best friend. We've been through a lot both together and separately in the years we've know each other, and I'm thankful for him. I know that no matter what happens, I can always count on him to be there for me.

My friend, I stand by what I said. You can do anything. And so can I. And so we will.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home