endeavors

Friday, July 11, 2008

Today I was a worthless human being.

Last night I went out to a benefit show for the iO bar staff, who obviously don't have jobs at the moment. I got all dolled up just because, and I was only out for a few hours. I remember thinking it was too bad I'm not going someplace else. As I was unlocking my door at midnight, Matt and the boys across the way yelled for me to come over. Hooray! So I fixed a gin and tonic (heavy on the gin-my new favorite drink) and went over. They were watching The Brother's Solomon. Jason Pardo was in it for a brief few seconds and had a line!!! Matt was the only one who knew who that was, but it was very exciting for the both of us. After the movie, I came back here to grab Cranium and The Joe Schmoe Show for Andrew, who is in love with Kristen Wiig. Faith came over for a bit to play, but left in the middle. She didn't have that great of a night and wasn't feeling social. Doug and I tromped Matt and Andrew, as it should be. I didn't go to sleep til 7.

This is where I become worthless. Today I was going to get 8 hours of work in. I did 1. My weekend is packed, and I wanted to get 12 in by Monday, but I don't think that's going to be physically possible. I slept on and off today, and talked on the phone quite a bit.

Then it got fun. I waxed Faith's pits, as I do once a week or so, and zha was over. I suggested I wax his chest. He agreed! That was an amazing sight. It's funny b/c now he talks about wanting to work out since he's hairless to show off his chest and not have man-boobs. But it was a pretty painful experience. For both of us. It's hard to intentionally inflict pain on someone you love. I clearly will never hit my children. Phew. Waxing is not fun. And that much surface area, especially for his first time, was pretty bad. He's a little swollen and very red at the moment. The tenderness will last another 24 hours. But it looks great, if I do say so myself.

So, now I'm off to bed once more today. Hopefully I'll get 4 hours of work in between rehearsal and tomorrow night's show. Oh boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home