endeavors

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Stop signs and red lights

In Austin with a car full of 7 people: me driving, Darin/Michelle in the passenger bucket seat, three in the back seat, and Bill in my trunk. We were on our way from Coldtowne Manor to the theater. I blew through a stop sign. No flinching. I just completely didn't see it at all. Plus, you know, the distraction of having 7 people in a 5 person vehicle and all. Well, Darin (of course) does not let me forget this the rest of the week. He even brings it up during the show Monday night as an Armando.

Cut to this weekend: I'm driving down Camelback Rd, and there's a ton of construction. The traffic is routed to the other side of the street. So, on top of there being an insane amount of orange cones/barrels, night time and dark, I'm driving on the wrong side of the street on purpose. I'm trying to figure out where to go next, as the construction has you weaving in and out of stuff, when I realize the car behind me is no longer behind me. It had stopped. Why? Oh, that would be for the red light that I blew through like it was an Austin stop sign.

Sigh...it's a miracle I'm alive at all sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home