endeavors

Monday, July 31, 2006

Very little sleep was had, many shows were seen, many pictures taken. Got to see some old friends and made some new ones. More details to come later, with photos. I'm anxious to go to a Remainders rehearsal. I learned a lot from Baby Wants Candy, and am really looking forward to applying it. Also, and I know y'all are probably sick of his name, but I figured out why I love Jack McB so much. Yes, he makes incredible choices. Yes, he has a wide array of knowledge. But really, it all comes down to commitment. He makes a choice and commits to it. Not in a theatrical way, but more of a film way. What I mean is, he has huge reactions to things, but not in a characiturish way. He doesn't comment on his characters through his actions. He really *is* them.

Well, there will be more later when I've had a chance to get back into the swing of things. The first night in NYC, I was too excited to sleep. Oh, and my plane was 1.5 hours late. So we didn't get back to zha's place until almost 2. But then I was too wired. Luckily, it was only 11 in Cali, and Buol was up. That's when the surfing discussion took place. Last night I didn't go to sleep, but that was out of necessity. The shuttle bus picked me up for the airport at 4 (even though they said 3. I could have had another delicious milkshake from Tick Tock Diner. *grumble*) I dozed a little on the planes, but didn't really sleep sleep until I got home. Took about a 5 hour nap, and I'm heading to bed now.

My clothes are damp from the rain and humidity, and everything smells like gross cigarette smoke. I washed 9 pounds of New York filth off of me this afternoon, and am oh so happy to be back. NY was fun and all, but i could never live there. Getting randomly dripped on from ac units 25 stories up was too much for my germaphobic self to handle. I washed my hands about every 10 minutes. Too dirty for my taste. And too humid. And too cold in the winters. But I had fun and got to see neat things and perform with Nanna on broadway! Oh, and my one celebrity siting was Moby. OK, seriously, bed before I get into any stories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home