endeavors

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I was talking with Hagrid tonight about last night's show. After a bit of a rant, I mentioned that I should blog about it.

"Well, that would be a first. Instead of surfing and perfect teeth and gym hotties."

So, suck it, Ken. Here comes my rant.

The show Saturday was good. I had this fantastic moment with Jeff when we were singing backup for Mack. We were doing a chorus, and had been quiet for a while as Mack was singing a verse. Then, at the same time, using a slightly different variation, we sang the exact same thing, in harmony. That what I love about improv. It's magical for the audience, but it's magical for the players as well.

The show was tighter than we've had in the past. It felt good. Garret (sp?) was singing one of the songs as he was cleaning up. I can't tell you how cool that was. To have a song we made up get stuck in someone's head.

I fucking love improv. I'm sorry, but there's just no other way to say it. I love everything about it. I love the discovery, the creativity. I love The Remainders and The Tommies and KsomeA. I'm really enjoying the work Ken and I are doing. And I don't even care if we ever do it in front of an audience. I mean, we eventually will. But if for some reason it never happens, the rehearsing we've been doing has been so satisfying to me. I think the main reason why I was so heartbroken over the telecommuting thing was that I'd really gotten excited about furthering my training at IO. I'm at a point in my work where I want to bring in other viewpoints. Get other experience. Become a better player. To just do it more! I'm still a bit timid and unsure of myself. I don't take big enough risks. Ben and Dustin are immersed in the improv world in LA. Ben is studying with 3 different places, for crying out loud. Jealous? Yeah, I am a little. But, I will wait. When the time is right, everthing will work itself out. Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to cool my heels at the effing Del Close Marathon! Then the Toronto International Improv Fest. Then Out of Bounds. And in between, hopefully my home town.

Man, I have a lot of awesome on my plate, and I intend to enjoy every bity bite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home