endeavors

Monday, April 24, 2006

Wow. OK. Yeah!

The next few posts will be actually one big long post, but broken down for your ADD enjoyment (michelle) and my need for sleep.

This is the miscellaneous portion.

I will start by saying that today I returned to work after sleeping 9 hours from Thursday to this morning. Needless to say, I was a little punchy at work (read: zombie-like.) I want to be in bed right now, but it is still too light outside for my body to cooperate. Stupid melatonin. Anyway, the first thing I did at work today while I was waiting for my computer to warm up was check my messages. The first thing I heard:

"Hi, Ashley. This is Mr. Smith*. You have been helping our family with my father's life insurance. I just wanted to call you and thank you so much for being so wonderful to us. People don't usually"

Then the time ran out and the message ended. But it just warmed my heart that I was able to affect someone in such a positive way. Cassy came over and asked if I listened to my love message.

"How did you know?"
"Kristi and I took the call. We told him you were off for the week and he wanted to leave a message saying how much he appreciated you."

Rock on!

Also, I decided today to go to Vegas in June to see more Cirque!!! Because of my nerdiness (being a member of the Cirque Club), Bill Binder and I are going to watch Love. They have a special preview night where you get to see the show for a reduced price, then give notes afterwards to the performers, musicians, and creative team!! (imagine my soul making the noise of popcorn in an air popper) Again, I go back to the whole, why am I not doing the things I want to do. I can take a day off work. heck, Brian left today at noon to have Direct TV installed.

Nanna...you must come!!! It's the Beatles plus the Circus. pleasePleasePLEASE! I will buy you that hot red and white dress if you can come with us. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

And lastly:
Improv Crush (noun): An infatuation with an improvisor based soley on his or her talent.

________________
* not his real name. but i would be breaking the law if i released it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home