endeavors

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I havent had a strange dream to post in a while, so here goes:

Although I have only watched one episode of Lost this season, my dream was about that series. My POV switched from person to person, which was different than most of my dreams. It started out with a group of the plane crash people meeting another group of people on the island.

"How did you get here?"
"We're on a scientific mission. How did you get here?"
"Our plane crashed."

There were several different groups of people who all got to the island different ways and for different reasons. There was a big, open field that was slightly flooded. It was at the base of a giant hill with thousands of steps leading to the top. All of the people were walking up the steps on one side, then turning around and coming back down on the other, then going back up. Exercise? I'm not sure. The conscious side of my brain thought, "Oh, man, I can walk up, but not back down without my knee braces." Then I went back into the dream. There was a woman and her son, and a man. Her husband was out doing something, and this man and woman started flirting. They ended up laying down in the field and spooning. Not in a sexual way, just a comfort way. Her son laid down as well, and the man ruffled his hair.

"Oh, no! What have I done?" said the woman. "I have to sacrifice him now." She took her son and ran up the stairs. At this point my POV is from the woman. And she is terrified. As punishment for betraying her husband (again, in a non-sexual way), she took her son to the top of all of the stairs. There was a giant shrubbery opening to the beginning of a maze. Men with slightly deformed faces came out in crimson hooded cloaks. They took her son. Then the POV followed the demon-guys through the shrubs. They took the boy off to the left, and the POV switched to Shannon, a character from Lost.

Through the bushes was a building. It looked like the snack area of the Glendale arena. To the left were elevators that only went down. 247 floors. That's when Shannon realized the giant hill was actually this building built into the side of the hill. She then looks to the right and sees Walt selling popcorn. She runs over to him and hugs him.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe we found you!!" She's crying.
"Where's my dad?"

Shannon starts crying more. Because I'm in her POV, I have her memories. Cut to Michael being slightly injured. But everyone decides he's going to die (clearly he is not). So they strap dynomite to him and put him on the beach as an offering for the monster thing. The monster comes out of the jungle, picks Michael up in his mouth, and Michael detonates the bomb, thus eliminating the threat of a T-Rex. But Shannon can't tell Walt this, so she just cries harder.

"Stop talking to me. I have to sell popcorn or they will kill me. Rescue me later."

Shannon leaves and then goes into one of the elevators. The next part is a POV of just a hovering camera. No person, no memories, no emotions. The elevator lets the people out into this huge forum like in Star Wars Episode 1. The demons are expositioning their plot. Here's how it breaks down: In Ohio, we have this thing called SETC--South Eastern Theater Conference. Students from the tri-state area come to compete. They perform scenes and monologues. There are conferences like these all over the world. The demons made it possible to have all of these different people come to this island so they can brain wash them and send them back out into the world. They would, in turn, brain wash everyone they came into contact with. Then the demons would perform at these theater conferences and the brain washed people would cause them to win. That was their master plan. To take over the world through the winning of theater conferences.

The most vivid part of the dream was when I had the POV of a character. I felt what they were feeling, remembered what they knew, even could smell the wet grass. It was pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home