endeavors

Friday, April 21, 2006

My body is programmed to wake up when there's light. So, no matter how tired I am, I can't sleep past 7 or 8 am. If I had curtains, that would help. But I'm moving in a few weeks, so it doesn't really matter.

Last night was great! The local troupes performed, including the teen troupes. I didn't have anything like this when I was in school, so it was really nice to see kids having this opportunity. The Remainders show was great! The only problem was the time restriction. Our shows usually last around 40 minutes, but we only had 27. So, we weren't used to the time. We always have a "wrap up" song at the end, and last night the lights went out before we could do that. But it was still a fine show. There was one moment that reminded me of this. Except that it didn't happen. What I mean is, Jeff and I had a scene and he turned to the audience and said something like, "when we were kids." I forget the exact line, but whatever it was, I was thinking it but didn't say it out loud. Grr. I need to trust myself more. Because one of the most beautiful things in improv (in my humble opinion) is when two characters say the same thing at the same time. Because it's such a surprise and not scripted. Even though I wasn't there for this rehearsal, several people told me about a scene with Mack and David. They both sang the same chorus at the same time, and it was unplanned. Everyone was blown away by that.

Anyway, everything went really well last night. We made a lot of money, but we still have a ways to go to break even. Oh!!! We did get a grant for next year!! One of Bill's goals was to have X amount of money by September. We have X + 40. Yea!! And there's another grant we applied for that we will find out about by June at the latest. So things for next year are looking terrific!

Day Three begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home