endeavors

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dear Mr. Inner Critic,
You suck.
Love always,
Ashley's Ego

***

It's weird that I get nervous doing musical improv. I'm a pretty confident person, but when it comes to this artform, I keep thinking, "I'm no good. My song will blow. I should just stick to being background support." But then we start and I don't suck and my songs are okay and I'm feeling better now. Part of it is the fact that I'm working with supertalented people I have oodles of respect for, and I don't want to let them down. Another part of it is that I'm only doing this once a week. It sounds like we're going to have more opportunities to perform on a regular basis. And I think the more I do it, the more comfortable I'll be. I played the sax for 8 years, and I know almost nothing about music. That makes me sad. But I love learning, which I am, so it all evens out. And I'm getting to know some truly beautiful people in the process.

I am not fishing for compliments, so please don't post any. This is just how I feel sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home