endeavors

Saturday, March 11, 2006

What a week!!

It started with awesome work news, and ended with rain! My birth father, Johnny, randomly called me Thursday afternoon: "Hey! I'm in Sedona. When can I see you tonight?" So I had to cancel some plans, but it's been about three years since I've seen him last. And he had presents, so that's always welcome. Yesterday at work sucked. The first three hours were spent furiously trying to get stuff done for this huge report. Marsha's on vacation the next week, so things are going to be *extra* hectic. It seems that I'm getting transferred just in time.

Last night I went out for Tammy's birthday party. Hurricane Bay has a dance floor, but the music isn't painfully loud. I was able to have conversations with people without having to scream into their ears. There was this guy I'd been checking out all night and I really wanted to dance with him before the night was over. Not a hot guy; a crazy guy. Sometimes it looked like he needed a hula hoop.

Melissa: What is he doing?
Tammy: Yikes, I dunno.
Me: I think he's stretching.

He was just crazy and didn't care. It was beautiful. Plus he had his white shirt tucked into his 1987 acid washed Jordache Jeans. I was supposed to go to Ben's going away party, so I couldn't stay in Glendale for too much longer. Crazy Man was on the floor and the Humpty Dance started to play. Well, this was it. There was a group of us dancing, and he was kinda on the outskirts. So I opened the circle up and we danced! Not in a rude, I'm making fun of you sorta way. But in a, you dance crazy and are 55 and this is fun. Remember the Friends episode when Rachel started jogging with Phoebe, and Phoebe ran like she was 5? Her reasoning was if you have to run, why not make it fun? So that's what we did. It was big and ridiculous and we didn't care if we looked like idiots.

By the time I got home, it was 10, but I was pooped (Johnny had been over close to midnight the night before), so I didn't make it to Ben's party. He wasn't going to be there until after 10:30 and I didn't want to be out late. Plus, it's hard to sit and talk with someone in a situation like that. Hopefully he can get together today. Although I wouldn't know b/c he didn't return my call from yesterday morning. (that's fine...I'll chalk it up to you being busy packing and everything.) ;-)

This morning I woke up at 8 to rain. It hasn't rained in PHX like this in months. I think over 150 days at least. I dunno. Someone somewhere has a statistic.

Today is lunch with Cassy, who I haven't seen pretty much since I left Star. Then I have to study for a medical terminology test. It's just for them to see where I am, so hopefully we can cut 8 hours of my training off. But I basically have to review hundreds, if not thousands, of word roots, suffixes and prefixes for a test Wednesday. And find time to work on my lines for Thoughts of Love, which films next weekend. All of this between rehearsal, church, a PIF meeting, and picking my folks up from the airport and driving them halfway to CA (well, Peoria, but still--my aunt/uncle live about an hour and a half away from me now that they've moved).

I thought March was going to be quieter.

I was clearly mistaken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home