endeavors

Monday, March 06, 2006

Called in sick today. So, Hagrid, if you are emailing me, I'm not ignoring you. Anyway, I've been exhausted recently and when I woke up this morning it was one of those, well, I could go in to work, but then I'll just get worse and end up even more sick. So why not stay home and nip this in the bud. A vote was taken. I didn't go to work.

I've been more busy than usual, which explains my lack of posting. I did some Alexander work one day with The Remainders a while ago, then Mack asked me to work with his high school students in Guys and Dolls. So that's what I've been up to. Wed-Fri I went straight from work to Cortez High School. Twice on Saturday. Then the Throwachair! and Galapagos show. Sunday was packed full of stuff to do as well, and I didn't get to bed until 11. Which doesn't sound late, but I was pooped and needed more sleep.

I really enjoyed doing Alexander with the students. And some of them liked it back, which was encouraging. The music director spoke with me after and asked if I'd be interested in coming back in the fall to workshop. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wouldn't be here. Besides, I'm trying to get a telecommuting position in my company. If that happens, I'd be able to come back to PHX anytime I wanted. So, anyway, I'm not ruling that out.

Talked to my folks for a bit yesterday. My dad wrote a short story and is sending it to me. "For something you and zha can work on." How adorable! And supportive, which I appreciated. My folks are really excited about my move; mainly because I've been talking about it for practically my whole life and now I'm finally doing it. zha and I talk a lot, and usually when we get off the phone I want to pack my bags and go right then. But there are a few things I need to take care of here. Like PIF. There's No Way I'm missing that. I've been involved in the planning for months, and The Remainders are performing--of which I am a part. Plus, I really want to see how this whole telecommuting thing works out. If I can move to LA with a job, full medical, dental, and 401K benefits, making about twice what I make now, with hours that I set, well...that one's a no-brainer. And if I'm doing this by June, I can be more involved in the VBS program, and Book Pals. Cross your fingers for me on that one.

OK, I'm off to start my day. (read: take a nap)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home