endeavors

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Holy exciting news, Batman! I was asked today if I was interested in processing LIT Hip/Cancer claims. Boy am I!! This means that I will be telecommuting in just a few short months (best case scenario=September)! I realize the use of exclamation marks is excessive, but I am so dang excited!!! Why, you might ask? Well, because I will most likely be able to telecommute from LA. That's right ladies and germs, I will have full medical, dental, and 401K benefits, and making almost twice what I make now. With hours I set. So if I need to take off for an audition or filming or something, there will be no scheduling problems. Plus the money I'll save on gas alone is worth it. Also, I can work 7 days a week any time between 6 am and midnight. And if I need extra money, I can process extra claims.

My original plan (because I'm a planner) was to move out to LA with about $20Gs saved, so that I could focus on finding an agent, getting headshots, and auditioning without having to worry about a 9-5 job. But my stocks aren't doing what I was hoping (although I *am* in it for the long haul), and due to some unforeseen extra expenses (aren't they all) I won't have quite that much in the bank. But now I won't have to worry about that, because I will be moving out there with a job. One negative, however, is that I will most likely be here another couple of months. Which sucks but is fine at the same time. I'm SO ready to go, but I'm not going to pass up an opportunity like this. Also, I will have to move again. If you remember, I moved 4 expletive times last year. Yeah. Four. This year I will be cutting that in half. Faith had already picked out the place where she was going to live when I moved in August, and it's, like, two miles away from my job. So tomorrow after work I'm going to check out the two bedrooms. This will cut about an hour and 45 minutes off of my commute. I can handle moving up north for a few months, then on to Cali.

Man, I will be able to immerse myself in the improv world! I can take classes anytime, and I can afford them! I can do plays, I can work with my friends. But most importantly, I can surf. :-)

OK, seriously, I could continue gushing about how stinkin' pumped I am about this, but I will spare you.

In other news, I had a zit on the back of my ear. It made a strange noise when I popped it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home