endeavors

Sunday, August 07, 2005

I used to watch a lot of TV and movies, but for the past couple of months I've been too busy for that. Today I broke out an old Buffy episode I've been craving. Once More With Feeling. And I remembered why I watched so much and why I stopped. It's sort of inspiring. Like, if I was a painter, going to an art museum is inspiring. I'm an actor, so watching film/tv inspires me. But I stopped because I can really get caught up in that world. Make-believe. I can get stuck in my head and pretend my life away.

Right now, however, I need that escape. And so I can't wait for Wednesday. To get away from it all for a while. To step out of my current reality. To see and hopefully participate in some really great improv. To not be at work. Oh, to not be at work. Then to fully submerse myself in tech week. It will be stressful and sleepless, but in a different way than the last few weeks have been. I hope you all got your tickets to SJ. I think Sat is sold out now.

Each Buffy DVD has a different cut of a conversation on the insert. Here is the one for Season 6:
Buffy: I do want you. Being with you...makes things...simpler. For a little while.
Spike: I don't call five hours straight a little while.
Buffy: I'm using you. I can't love you. I'm just...being weak and selfish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home