endeavors

Monday, August 01, 2005

Everything I touch breaks.

N&B came home Saturday evening and I have somehow managed to destroy Bob's computer. I don't know what the heck happened, but all this stuff is downloaded onto his desktop and he's afraid that people can access his account info. I hardly used the computer while they were gone b/c all those pop-ups were annoying. Anyway, he's going to have to reformat the hard drive, and they have a TON of stuff to reinstall. I feel so amazingly horrid for that.

Then I broke one of Paul's wine glasses while I was loading my bike into the van. But to be fair, he just had them laying on the floor van wrapped in a towel.

Then I bought a network card for my computer so I could access the internet. I needed to get some info before a rehearsal last night. I loaded everything, was able to get on and get my stuff, no problem. I come back 3 hours later to finally sit down, read friends' journals, check email, and the network isn't working. I call the 1-800 number. My computer is recognizing there's a network there, but it's not connecting. The tech guy doesn't know why. He wants me to log on to the main computer and reconfigure that network. Well, I can't b/c it's broken. I don't understand what happened in 3 hours when no one touched anything. So tonight I'm going to uninstall and reinstall my network card. Hopefully that will help.

Then I just dumped freezing cold tea down the front of my shirt. They keep it at about 68 degrees in this office and I have ice down my right side.

I give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home