endeavors

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Another thing I hate about not having my own place is not knowing where things are. I have pictures I want to put up from Chicago, but my card reader is hiding. I didn't think I put it in the storage space, but it may be there. Grr. I need a new job.

So, Chicago. Eh, it was okay. I was ready to come home sooner than expected. Originally I was thinking about staying the whole week, but I'm REALLY glad I didn't. The improv was great, it was fun to hang out, it was SUPER to be off work, but I don't really like Chicago. It's big and gross and old and dirty and scary and claustrophobic and there are millions of people. I like that Phoenix is spread out. You're not directly on top of people. I landed Wed night and Amber came to pick me up. We went to OU together, and I haven't seen her since I think 1997. But it was SO GREAT to see her again!! We went straight to the hotel so I could shower and get dolled up for that night. The directions say 5 miles from the highway. 5. After driving 8 and still not seeing the street we needed, we turned back around, just in case we missed it. Nope. Still didn't see it. So I called the hotel. "Oh, yeah, 5 miles," says the guy on the other end. He give me some street names to pass and a few land marks, and we try again. Apparently he meant 5 GIANT miles. Because 12 miles later we found where we need to be. Whatever. But by this time we will not be eating dinner. So I shower and stuff and we leave to meet Mindy, Nanna, Specht, and Samwise. The show we were supposed to see that night was sold out really early, so we went to a bar instead. Now, I'm not much of a drinker (in fact, at the party the next night I had ice cream instead. Which, by the way, was much better), and I don't like beer (which was what they were having) so I had a couple of rum and cokes. Um, double shots. Which is the reason behind the posted phone call. Ben, Gilberto, and I didn't get back to the hotel until about 5 in the morning. Much too late for an old fogie like me. We shopped the next day, and saw the showcase that night. The showcase was awesome. I love improv with all my heart and soul, and it's killing me that I have to take all of next week off, too, for this show I'm in. That I really don't even want to be in anymore. Humph. Anyways. So we went to this rooftop party Thursday night, and I must say the view was spectacular. I got to see the Chicago skyline at night. Beautiful. I talked with some Phoenix people about the show I missed, which was nice b/c I wasn't really in a party mood. Got back to the hotel around 3 that night, I think. Friday was spent on Michigan Ave, and Friday night we saw Baby Wants Candy and Whirled News Tonight. Both were phenomenal! Did I mention I love improv? Walked around some more and ended up back at the hotel around 2. Left Sat morning. So, it was fun and stuff, but I was really glad to get home.

Saw Nanna's last show last night, which was really sad. But I'll see her again in LA. Oh, LA. I love you and I hate you at the same time.

Yikes, I just realized that I need to pick up Candy for rehearsal. Up next: Clark and how I love to put my foot in my mouth. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home