endeavors

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Today is Paul's birthday. He's 26. I met him for lunch, and we just got back from dinner. It was very nice, and I'm so full I think I might vomit. We both ordered desert, but he also got a piece of chocolate mousse cake because he's so old. We're going to play Scrabble soon.

This is a comment from Tosh the other day: "With all your free time, why don't you write a book or a play or something? Instead of posting nine times a day." Well, let me answer that. You see, after a certain point when you feel that you'll never get a job and all your savings is going down the drain, you sort of have no motivation to get out of bed. If I had a million billion dollars, the story would be different. Because I'd go back to school. I'd learn how to speak Spanish (because that's what everyone speaks here. There are even a few Spanish channels with soap operas that I like to watch), and I'd study sign language again. Then I'd take computer courses so my webpage wouldn't be a lame template. But since I don't have that amount of money, I spend most of my time thinking about how much we owe. However, tomorrow I start work at a Mercedes dealership. My dad was all excited until I explained my job would be finding parts with certain numbers and taking them to the technicians who need them. Not glamorous, but it pays and it gives me a reason to go on living. Well, I think I need to stop typing. Any movement at all makes it harder for my stomach to concentrate on digesting the rediculous amount of food I enjoyed.

Also, Happy Birthday Debbie! (my birth mom)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home