endeavors

Thursday, June 06, 2002

This will be of interest only to Adrienne and those who live/work/deal with the deaf community. Today a girl came in for her daily, and she had two friends with her. The guy was deaf, and I recognized the girl from the silent lunches last September. So I introduced myself and George asked if I had a sign name. Which, I didn't. So he gave me one! I was very excited. See, only deaf people can give sign names, so this was incredibly exciting for me. And I wanted to call Adrienne (hope I'm coming close to spelling your name right) right away to tell her, but her purse--along with her cell phone--was stolen, so I can't get in touch with her. And this morning I put some chicken into my brand new crock pot my mom gave me so I could eat as soon as I came home. But, apparently, I did not add enough water, so my chicken was a red chunk of crusty disgustingness. Much sadness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home