endeavors

Tuesday, June 04, 2002

Where to start?...Today it rained. Hard. But it was sunny. So sunny you had to squint to see. Steam rose off the black and yellow parking lot. Life is so good. So good. Lemme break it down. I went on a date last night. Now, I haven't been on an actual date in two and a half years. Yeah, there was The Shmuck last summer, as well as Foxy Boy. But the first was dating after the initial drunken kissing at a club, and the second involved only one date where we figured out that we had nothing to talk about, so we should just stick to making out. So this was a bona fide First Date. And the most fabulous part wasn't the first baseman throwing me a ball 'cause I'm cute, or the guitar playing and singing, or even the foot massage. It was in the middle of the conversation when everyone around us stood up and clapped, and we realized the game was over. And today, all of the managers and assistants were in our center for a big meeting. And starting Monday, I'm going to be the assistant manager of the Fairborn Center. Aww, yeah. Who's your daddy? It's only the second day of my third week on the job. Tonight I spent the evening with good people at TGIFriday's because DWBob loves us all. Who I would link to, but your "letters from Bob" page cannot be found. And I'm so amazed at everything. Life. The hot pink and blue sky. Your unrequited love. And I had so much fun tonight.

Me: "So next Thursday at the courthouse at noon, be there."
You: "Yeah, but I get to be your maid of honor."
Me: "Of course. Plus I might need another hand to hold him down in case he tries to run."

Everyone had such a great time.

And my neighbor upstairs is moving a bookshelf, and dropping all of the books along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home