endeavors

Sunday, June 23, 2002

I just want to sleep. Is that too much to ask? Yesterday I had to work at the center from 8-1. Which is really 7:45-2. Then I worked the Rose party from 4:15-1 in the morning. And I barely made it home to bed. It was a ball and I left with two bottles of red wine, a bottle of white, and some champagne, and all I wanted to do was sleep until 10. But my upstairs freak of a neighbor insists on being up early on Sundays to drop his bowling ball several times and roll it around in the kitchen. He is seriously so incredibly loud. I want to go up there and yell at him. "IT IS THE SABBATH, YOU CRAZY LOUD MAN!! LET ME REST!" But, alas, I just lay in bed, tossing and turning for over an hour, trying to ignore him, and eventually giving up and getting out of bed. Last Sunday was even worse. He was banging the poo out of his woman. And I mean sex like you've never heard. I was afraid someone was going to get hurt. You could actually hear the mattress coming off of the box spring. I've never been so scared in my life.
"What happened here, officer?"
"Well, ma'am, it appears that the upstairs neighbors are fine, just a little shaken. Unfortunately for the girl below them...She was just trying to sleep when the bed came crashing through her ceiling, crushing her to death."
They finished their violent love-making in the living room. And I could almost hear them hi-fiving each other. The woman was like, "Whoo-hoo!! Alright!! My God!!" I thought she would go hoarse.
Today I have to work at Click. My second to last Sunday. I resigned last week, thank god. No more of this working six days a week crap. My social calendar has been much more busy, which is kind of stressful. It's like, I have so much to do personally that I feel like I'm neglecting my friends. But when I accept invites from them, I'm so pooped at the end of the day, all I want to do is veg out in front of the tv with a movie and The Boy and go to bed early. It's a very delicate balance. One I'm sure I can handle. It will just be easier when I have my Sundays completely open.
OK, the complaining is over. I have a date with Billy Blanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home