endeavors

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tomorrow I begin having meals delivered to my house. I get bored with my food, since I'm just cooking for one. Having a salad every single day gets old, no matter how you try to dress it up. A friend is having meals delivered from BistroMD.com, and he gave me a few that had been building up. They were delicious, and very healthy. I would never cook salmon for myself. Or stuff a chicken with pesto and sun dried tomatoes. Or eat green beans. But I did all of that with the pre-cooked meals. It's expensive, but that gives me more incentive to work even harder. I've definitely been slacking in that area.

I chose the 5 day a week meal plan. In a month I'm going to do the Master Cleanse, so I'll have a week's worth of meals pile up and I can just have them every day. My mom said if she was single, she'd probably eat Healthy Choice meals every day. It's a way to get variety in your diet. And that was the main reason I ate out so much--just to have something different. I'm really excited about the meals that are coming!

I also just bought spinning shoes. The cages have been eating my gym shoes alive, plus they hurt my feet. I will be trying them out tomorrow. It was supposed to happen today, but we were having system problems and I got a call from the IT deparment as I was on my way to the gym. I needed to get back home and see if stuff was fixed. So that part sucked.

Yesterday I got a bonus check from work. I was planning on putting it towards my shoes and a month and a half of food, but then I filed my taxes this morning (p.s. all by myself online for the first time in my life!). I owed over $900 Federal and $800 State. Boo! So, my bonus is going to pay my state taxes, and my savings will handle federal. At least next year I won't have to worry about state. That's a nice thing about Texas!

So, I'm starting my exercise again. This week has been good, though I've been really sore. I lifted and took a spin class last Friday, same on Monday, yoga Tuesday, then a couple of days of rest (though I was on my way to yoga and spinning this morning). Tomorrow is lifting and spinning with the hot spin instructor. I used to think he was the hottest guy on the planet until I wore my contacts to class. Don't get me wrong, he's still an incredibly good looking guy. But the interesting thing is, my brain was filling in the stuff that was blurry with features I personally find attractive.

The brain is amazing.

Anyway, my cousin's wedding is at the beginning of May, and I'd like to have the holiday pounds that have decided to take up permanent residence on my ass shed. Mainly, I'd like to be in better shape. I have lots of clothes in my closet that don't fit, a dress I want to wear for the wedding, and a two piece swim suit I'd like to wear this summer. As long as I can keep up my workout regimen, I will be fine.

And now, off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home