endeavors

Sunday, September 14, 2008

When I first moved to CA, I was incredibly sad to leave my AZ friends. I knew I would make more--it's super easy for me to do so b/c I'm outgoing and friendly. But I was afraid I'd never meet anyone as cool as the people of Phoenix. My first few months out here were very hard. I was in a new place. The boy I was butt-crazy in love with dumped me, and I was new to the improv scene. The thing that had been my life blood in AZ was now a new safe to crack. I was just beginning the program. I didn't really know anyone.

And now, over a year later, I'm in a new place. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I'm 6 weeks away from graduating the program. I'm about to start UCB in a few weeks. I'm on several teams that are rehearsing and performing. I have amazing friends.

Last night, Faith, Drew, and I had a housewarming party. It was fantastic fun. Our landlord is a bit of a spoil sport and called at 11:30, then midnight, then the cops came at 1:30ish. We weren't being too crazy, but there were a lot of outside smokers. Note to self: Let people smoke in room upstairs. Yeah, that will suck balls and stink all to hell, but it's better than getting evicted. The Boys who live down the way from us are on their Final Warning.

Anyway, at 3 in the morning, me, Will, Rob, Ben, Brian, and Faryl were sitting around my kitchen table eating Tostino Pizza Rolls and playing cards. I really love the people I've come to know out here. I'm two minutes away from jumping into the shower before heading over to The Standard for a swim and some drinks with my WSU crew. But, as I'm cleaning up from last night, I got really sad.

I'm not moving for another year. I *know* I'll make friends in ATX. Hell, I already have a handful of people out there I absolutely adore. I talked with MikeD about helping plan OoB West. My brain knows I'll be fine when I move. But there is a part of me that's really afraid. A part that doesn't think I'll have a group of friends out there like I have here. That same part that felt this way about LA from PHX. And I know that part is dumb. That not only will I make improv friends, but that I'll make friends outside the scene as well.

Still, I can't help it. I got really sad this morning. WHICH IS ABSURD! The move isn't until 2009!! I guess the problem is that I'm finally in a groove out here and I don't want to give that up. A YEAR FROM NOW. Get a hold of yourself, Ashley. It's not the end of the world.

I suppose it just goes to show how wonderful the people are who are in my life right now. I love you guys. So much so, that I'm having anxiety about leaving you in the future. Last night was great. The things that are about to happen are great. Life, in general, is pretty great. Thank you for being a part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home