endeavors

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008


On Sunday my folks left me a message. They were headed up to Troy for their Sunday ritual at Culvers. Burgers and fries.

Dad: This is our last trip up here for a while. No more burgers and fries!
Mom (laughing in the background): Yeah, right!

Every year it's the same. They get crazy with the diet plan, then stop sticking to it about a month in. I realized that's the same for me. Every year I vow to exercise more. I vow to stop eating so many sweets. And I can go a week with solid exercise. Or a month with eating well. And I'm definitely in better shape now than this time last year. So what does it take to change? To make this year-my 30th on this planet-The Year?

For starters, I'm going to be more public about it. On the first of every month, I'm going to post my weight and body fat percentage. Now, I really don't care how much I weigh. It's the BFP that bothers me. I've drawn up a very intense work out schedule for the month of January. I'm just going to take it one month at a time, but I'm going to treat it like I'm training for an action movie.

I think another motivation is my location. I'm not in a small market anymore. If I don't get auditions, I can't say, well, that's because there aren't a lot of things to audition for. I'm living in the biggest market in the US. There are no excuses. That immediacy has definitely changed my outlook.

So, here it is:

Weight: 150
BFP: 33.64%

My ultimate goal is 20%-22%. You can lose 1%-2%/month, which means this could take 5-10 months to get where I want to be. Weight-wise, I don't think I'll go below 135. My freshman year at WSU I had a smokin' hot body that was almost solid muscle from all the dance I had to take, and I never dropped below 138. Now, don't worry. This journal isn't about to turn into a constant obsession with my exercise routine. I can't stand girls who complain about how they look. Just once a month I'll post where I am. Sort of, to be held accountable publicly. There it is. I'm excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home