endeavors

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Let me preface this by saying I do not play the piano. I took lessons for one summer when I was about 8. Maybe not even the whole summer. I played alto sax from 5th-11th grade. We never learned theory, just how to read music. This year I decided to teach myself how to play piano. David gave me a keyboard in exchange for some photos I took of his band. I asked for and received two books of music (Tori Amos and Coldplay) for Christmas. I have yet to practice. It's almost a year later, in case anyone is counting.

Today I decided to make this commitment out loud to Faith. There is a song from The Fountain, Together We Will Live Forever. It's slow and looks fairly easy. I am going to practice one hour a day, starting tomorrow, for a week. At the end of the week, I should be able to play the whole song all the way through. I used to be very musically gifted. We'll see if that's still true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home