endeavors

Monday, May 07, 2007

zochae

I knew him before that was his name. It was the Summer of Craziness. The summer of Worst Mistake. He was such an artist. I loved the colors he used and the detail. I remember most of those paintings. I remember seeing them in various stages of completion. I wrote a poem about him once. And I *never* write poems. But he was my friend and special to me and I wanted him to have something nice.

We saw The Cell together. Isn't it funny, the things we remember? We were standing in the kitchen at my parents' house. We spoke with my mom. When I came home after the movie, my dad informed me that zochae was not welcome in the house. Because he stood up for me when my mom was being critical? Fine. Whatever. My parents and I didn't exactly get along that summer.

He was zha's best friend for a while. Lots of pictures were taken in those months. zha did a photo shoot with zochae and I once. I wonder if he still has those pictures...

I remember when he met Martha. I remember their wedding. I remember potlucks and drum circles at their house. I remember helping them build a garden in their back yard. They had watermelons and pumpkins. I remember singing to Martha's belly. I remember when Hanuman was born. I have so many pictures of that kid!

Pictures...pictures...that's all we have, really. Frozen moments of time.

I love you, my friend. I miss you. I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home