endeavors

Thursday, March 15, 2007

"My first kiss was in high school."

"Mine was in the 4th grade. It was during spin the bottle. There were 3 boys that night. But no tongue. That was in 6th grade with Tony Rimas. We had very different childhoods."

"My tongue tingled. Because all I'd ever done with it was brush my teeth or eat food. And I actually really felt guilty. And I told him as we were kissing, 'this is really slobbery' and he just laughed and kept on kissing me. So I did feel guilty."

"Wait, why?"

"I'm gonna get to that. I felt guilty because growing up weren't allowed to date until we were 16--all these rules and stipulations. So I told my parents as we were on our way over to our pastor's house (I was babysitting) I remember being in the backseat of the car. I was hunched over and totally dejected. My sister was sitting next to me. I remember the corner we were turning on. We were turning right. I said, 'I have something I have to tell you guys. I kissed a boy. And I feel really bad about it and I never want to do it again.' And my dad just laughed and said, 'Oh, Faith, you probably will.' And that was the end of the conversation. I totally thought they were going to yell at me and I was gonna get in trouble. And all my parents did was laugh and tell me I was gonna kiss more boys."

And she has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home