endeavors

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Katheryn Zeller


My memories of Kat:

In the 8th grade, Kat, Kristen Keebaugh, and I were bussed to the h.s. with a few other kids to take a math class that wasn't offered in the middle school. (yeah, i know, giant nerd. what of it?!) I had been in love with Marcus Duff since I saw his argyle socks during a band concert in the 5th grade. He was a year ahead of me. We had to sit through home room at Butler, then we could roam the halls for 5 minutes. It didn't take us very long to find Marcus's home room (upstairs) and follow him to his first class (downstairs). We then mapped out a course that would take us up the stairs as he was going down the stairs. That is when Stop-n-Shove was created. Kristen would go up the stairs first, then me, then Kat. Just as Marcus was walking by us (in this oh-so-narrow stairwell), Kristen would abruptly stop walking and Kat would shove me into him. It was a little slice of heaven.

Then, the next year I introduced them at band camp (Marcus and I had become actual friends) and she started dating him.

I got over it.

Eventually.

__________________

The winter of my 8th grade year, Kristen had Kat and I over to spend the night. We decided to t.p. William Willett's house. He lived around the corner. There was about a foot of snow on the ground. We decided to t.p. his house without pants on. Kat was on track and Kristen played soccer. I only run when my life is in danger*. Being the klutz that I am, I managed to fall completely on my face as we were running. Into the snow. So deep that when Kristen & Kat turned around, they didn't see me. We make it to William's house and manage to t.p. the trunk of the one tree in his yard. It was pretty pathetic.

Going back to Kristen's house was another ordeal. It was about two in the morning, and a car was coming down the street. We hid by the nearest house. Kristen and I were on the side of the garage, Kat was on the front porch. Wouldn't you know it...the car pulls into that house! And then starts unloading groceries!! I mean, what are the odds here? Kat didn't realize what exactly had happened, so she comes trotting around the front. Wearing no pants. She sees the light and hears the voices and dives back down.

Eventually, we make it home, but about wet ourselves from laughter. It is at this point that we break out the ice cream. My favorite--cookies'n'cream! The three of us dig in to the gallon. Kat and Kristen manage to get all the good cookies. I'm totally getting shafted and complaining heartily. Then I get up to go to the bathroom. When I come back, I dig out the biggest cookie we'd seen all night! I was all, "Take that, bitches!" They start giggling uncontrollably. Why? Because they had found that piece when I was in the bathroom, both put it in their mouths, then reburied it in the ice cream. Now, for those of you who don't know me, I HATE spit. Beyond words I hate spit. There is no way to explain my complete and utter loathing of spit. If you do know me, you know what I'm talking about. Well, I was just so excited to finally get a cookie, that I ate it anyway.

That was a fun night.

_______________

Why reminisce about Katheryn Zeller? Because I haven't seen her since high school and she is in town and we will hang out Thursday night!!








*my life has never been in danger. deduce what you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home