endeavors

Monday, February 26, 2007

Dear Doctors of the World:

If you have test results and need to discuss them with your patients, PLEASE do not call them after you close and leave a message saying, "It's nothing urgent, just some abnormal results we need to go over." ESPECIALLY if said patient checks the it's-okay-to-leave-personal-information-on-message-at-this-phone-number box.

Of course I'm now worried, especially with my history. The first time a pap came back abnormal, I was 19. My doctor was this really laid back chick. "I need to see you back in a couple of weeks for a follow up." This was my second pap in my life, so I thought it was routine. She didn't let me know anything until I came back. Then she gave me all this cancer stuff to read over and sign. So, instead of freaking out for 2 weeks, I only had 20 minutes. And it ended up being nothing. However, 3 years ago it *was* something--precancerous cells. Which was easily treated with cryosurgery. Totally painless. But still..I now have to wait until tomorrow and try not to think about the horrors of chemotherapy. Ugh.

********

At PIF last night:
Jacque: Well, Ashley is the only one who has responded to the Den Mom email. How many people can you hold?
Me: 5 comfortably, 7 uncomfortably but possible.
Bill: Can you take 53, because that's how many are coming.

********

Well, now I'm off to the store to buy washcloths and toilet paper. I used the last of mine last night, thinking I could just steal Faith's roll until we got more. Apparently, she has been using tissues for a week. Hello! Let me know these things and I will fix them.

********

Hagrid: Three posts in one day. Happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home