endeavors

Friday, August 04, 2006

Sitting at work, trying not to have a stroke...


The telecommuters took all the claims, which means I have nothing to do. So Bev gives me the escheatment work. Super! I love stuff like this. (I'm not being sarcastic...I get to punch numbers in and listen to my music. This is much better than filing or something equally as boring) Anyway, the task goes like this: plug number A into query. Wait 1 minute for it to pull up the claim number. Write claim number down, plug that into Genelco...etc. Well, the first one was no problem. It took about a minute in query. The second number still hadn't come up after staring at my computer screen for 8 minutes. Do you know how slowly 8 minutes can pass? I do. So I stopped the search and tried the next number. After 5 minutes, I got up and walked around and talked to people. Every once in a while, I would check back in. After 10 minutes, finally it pulled up...EVERY CLAIM NUMBER!! Then, b/c there were so many, it crashed my system. Are you KIDDING?!!

I then punched another number into query, and went to lunch. When I came back an hour later, it had finally pulled up the claim. It's taking around 15-25 minutes to pull each one up. This is what I will be doing for the next two weeks until I leave for Toronto/Dayton/Austin. AHHH!!!! Primary cause of death: cerebrovascular accident, ICD-9 436.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home