endeavors

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Today's headline on msn.com:

"New Marriage Odds. Single & a Woman? Your real chances of finding a mate past 30"

To that, I must say: whatever!

I randomly had a conversation with my folks on Sunday about this stuff. I thanked them for never putting any pressure on me to get married or have kids. Paul and I were together for almost three years, and the most they ever did was joke about it. "$10,000 to the first one who can give me a granddaughter." My friends from h.s. are all married/divorced, and most w/ kids. Yet, my folks never pressed me about it. And for that, I'm grateful. And told them so.

They're happy I'm happy. I mean, don't get me wrong...if I meet the right guy and have a family, it's not like my folks will be all pissed off. In fact, they'd probably move out here to be closer. But for now, they know I'm doing what I need to in my life. They're excited for where I am and where I'm going. They support whatever decisions I make.

So, screw the odds. Don't let anyone make you feel bad that you're single. Don't get depressed because some college somewhere decided that you will be a spinster. Be happy with who you are. And please, whatever you do, don't settle. Lindsay almost did, and I'm so glad that didn't work out. Because now she has a wonderful man in her life, who she will probably be moving back to AZ for in a few months. She's never been happier, and it sounds like she's ready to make a commitment to him.

Dangit. I just realized I'm going to lose $10,000 to my kid sister. Hmmm...this once I will let my competitive nature slide.

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home